It's Memorial Day weekend... so if you're a follower of the "no white jeans before Memorial Day" rule - it's time to break them out. But, if you're like me, you never put them away. During quarantine, I haven't worn my white jeans even once. Then again, I've barely worn denim jeans much either. Now that we are slowly getting out a bit more, so will the white jeans. They are my favorite summer "going out" pants...and it's so worth it when you find the right-for-you pair.
I know they are hard to get right though! I also know it's impossible to diagnosis everyone's jean predicament in a blog post. But I've done A LOT of white jeans research (so you don't have to) and here's a rundown of my top 8 picks in various cuts and budgets.
But wait...before we begin, let's all make sure we have the right undies on, shall we? Nude color (not white) with no VPL's (google it;) is the only way to go. Find the pair/style that you like. FYI I personally wear these: incognito hipster and simply soft thongs... and the boyshorts in the summer with dresses.
Don't forget to check the rear view!
Now, for my Top 8 White Jean Picks....The key to on-line shopping for jeans is to pay close attention to the rise and inseam (use your measuring tape)and read the reviews like a pro. Ideally, find a reviewer with a similar shape as you. And use the B.Styled #justgetdressed Facebook Group to ask questions and get advice.
Ok, here we go!
1. NYDJ Curves 360: Comes in regular, petite, plus and petite plus. Straight leg, ankle. Ideal for curvy hourglass and pear shapes. 10" front rise; 15" back rise, 27” inseam
2. NYDJ Marilyn Straight Leg, high rise. Great alternative to skinny jeans and you can cuff them to get an ankle length, or wear them long with heels. Good choice for larger legs and calves. 10" front rise; 15" back rise, 32” inseam
3. Wit and Wisdom Ab Solution, regular and petite. Tummy slimming inner panel and high rise -- a fan favorite! 10 1/4" front rise; 27” inseam, 25” petite inseam
4. Paige Skyline Skinny: crop, raw hem, mid-rise. I've had Skyline skinnies for years and they are great for straighter figures who don't like high rise. This crop pair is great for petites. On sale! 9 1/4" front rise; 25” inseam
5. AG Prima Ankle Cigarette Jean: Another mid-rise favorite of many. Very high quality, just enough stretch and they hold their shape. 9 1/4" front rise, 28” inseam
6. AG Farrah Skinny Ankle, High-Rise, Crop: Top pick for high rise skinny. Very high quality, stretchy, light weight denim, not see-thru. Sewn/faux front pocket gives a nice smooth appearance. Slim fit but not too tight in the knees. These are high-rise, but not super high. 9.75" rise, 27" inseam.
7. Good Legs by Good American High Rise Crop Skinny: Reg and Plus. Curve hugging, highly rated. Great for curvy hourglasses and pears. 10" front rise 27” inseam
8. Scoop Raw Hem Kick Crop Flares: I love this brand, and you’ll never guess the retailer. I ordered these after reading about them and haven’t received them yet so the jury is out, but I thought they looked so fun - and you can’t beat the price for a trendier pair of jeans.
Do you have a pair of white jeans you love? Help your friends out and post about them in the B.Styled #justgetdressed Facebook group. We’d love to hear and you’ll be helping out other white jean shoppers!
Happy weekend, friends!