My Skincare Routine UPDATED – June 2023
Back in November 2022, I started using the Nira facial laser, so it’s been 7 months. The company says it takes 90 days to notice improvement and have a money-back guarantee after the 90 days. I do think it has softened my lines, and my hope is that it helps reduce future lines with increase collagen production. I use under and around my eyes, my forehead and the marionette lines around my mouth. It only takes a minute or two each day. It is NOT inexpensive, but a fraction of in-office treatments. It’s FDA-Cleared and clinically proven to reduce wrinkles and fine lines. It’s also used and recommended by my favorite (60 year old) beauty influencer, Angie Hot & Flashy which is encouraging. Learn more, see before and after pictures, and get a discount here: https://bit.ly/3EJTFDB
My Daily Skincare Routine 2023
Today I’m sharing my personal skincare routine and products. I’ve spent a ton of time researching and trying things but I want to emphasize that there is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL solution, so you need to determine what’s best for your skin, your budget, and your goals. And of course, the best place to start is with a visit to your dermatologist.
You will see I use several different brands in my routine, based on my research, budget, and results.
Many of the products can be found at your local drugstore or on Amazon (here’s my Amazon Storefront, FYI) and I am an affiliate for some of them, so if you purchase through my links I do receive a small commission. But of course, you don’t pay more, and if I have a coupon code, I’ll share it below. I truly appreciate your support of my business!
- Cleanse: In the morning I usually just splash water on my face or use the DRMTLGY Essential Cleanser. Shop DRMTLGY here, coupon code BSTYLED for 20% off.
- A.M. Serum: 20% Vitamin C+E w/ Ferulic Acid
- A.M. Serum: DRMTLGY Needless Serum (Angie recently gave this serum a big thumbs up too).
- NEW…I love this daily moisturizer, it glides are so easily and a little goes a long way.
- A.M. Universal Tinted Moisturizer SPF 46. Remember, sunscreen is your #1 non-negotiable…365 days/year, rain or shine, indoors and out.
- 2-3 days per week, I use this Pumpkin Enzyme Mask. This is a product I see immediate results from, and it also helps my skin absorb the serums better. This 4-in-1 self-warming pumpkin mask reduces the appearance of large pores, hydrates, cleanses, and provides gentle exfoliation. Use code BSTYLED for 20% off all DRMTLGY products.
- I use this body moisturizer every time I get out of the shower (and I use this cleanser in the shower).
- In the spring and summer, I use the Jergens Firming Gradual Tan a few times per week. I got mine at CVS but noticed the Amazon price is much lower.
- Throughout the day I apply this powder sunscreen. It comes in a translucent and a tinted version. I like the subtle tint and find it to be a great way to add sunscreen on top of make-up.
1. Cleanse: Essential Cleanser from DRMTLGY.
2. Treatment: I use prescription Retin A but DRMTLGY has a highly rated Retinol .5% available without a prescription. Read about it here. All my research tells me that Retin A (prescription) or Retinol (OTC) is the best topical treatment for fine lines and wrinkles (next to sunscreen, which is the #1 defense)! Here’s a good article if you’re confused about Retin A and Retinol.
3. I alternate nightly between my prescription tretinoin Retin A cream and the Beautycounter Resurfacing Serum. I also use the BeautyCounter lip genius lipsticks and concealer (I use Plum True Berry the most, but also get Orchid and Rose. In the summer especially, I use the Lip Glosses by Beautycounter, in dahlia and raspberry. Right now Beautycounter is 20% off — which is unusual. I try to stock up during these annual sales.
4. DRMTLGY Needless Serum(I use AM and PM).
5. I just started using this night-time sleeping mask and love it. When I rinse it off in the morning, my skin looks and feel hydrated, smooth, and bright.
6. I also use the Colgate Whitening Pen a few times per week at bedtime.
7. I have been using this lash serum, recommended by Angie Hot & Flashy, and think it’s helping both my lashes and brows grow thicker and longer.
8. Finally, I apply this lip mask to my lips – religiously every night, year-round.
4. The Style System Planner
Regardless of your individual skincare routine, one thing we ALL still have to do each day is #justgetdressed.
Let me help you leverage this daily habit with a list, a plan, and 21 done-for-you outfit templates — each delivered to your inbox the night before.
Talk about easy, stress-free (and stylish) mornings!
Thanks for being here today. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week ahead.