Today I issued a mini challenge over in my Summer Style System program, and it is also the inspiration for today's Tipsy Tuesday - see below for the video.
Here was the prompt, and I encourage you to do this exercise as well:
Day 19: Summer Style System - A Special Wardrobe Challenge
Today we're doing something different to help us stretch our formula-building muscles. Are you ready? Of course you are:
FIRST: Identify the 5 pieces you've worn most this SUMMER.
Take note of WHY you've worn them the most. OR do you just "default" to them out of ease and maybe even some laziness? We ALL do this - no judgment at all.
Are they very comfortable, versatile, flattering to you? Maybe write down what it is you love about the items and the next time you go shopping - keep these characteristics in mind. Is it the neckline, the rise or cut of the pants, the style of dress? The comfort-factor? The color or the way it makes you feel?
Give yourself a few minutes to determine WHY you reach for these items time and time again.
NEXT: Build an outfit using NONE of the 5 items you identified.
Was this difficult, or did it help you try different, neglected items?
Please feel free to share your findings over in our private group.
MY 5 most worn items
1. White Jeans: Mine are Paige Skyline Skinny, but they are pretty worn out and I am going to try these K from K boyfriends: http://bit.ly/33gVSBC
2. Isla Dress in Blue or White: https://www.discoverpeach.com/products/isla-dress?color=PACBLUE&stylist=bethr&taxon_id=470&utm_campaign=shared&utm_source=stylist
3. Denim Shorts (agolde, not aglode as I called them!): http://bit.ly/2XBD38k
4. Hoops: https://www.stelladot.com/shop/jewelry/earrings/hoops… I have small hammered oval hoops in gold and essential hoops in silver.
5. Gray Tee Dress (many colors): https://amzn.to/2HFSI1w
6. My EVERY.DAY sandals: http://bit.ly/2XslXtm
Stella & Dot SALE/Clearance Items: https://www.stelladot.com/shop/sale?s=bethroy
I have the fleetwood fringe cuff, the Natia Necklace, Margeaux Clutch, Geometric Scarf...Also, check out the bell sleeve stripe top!
Now, go #justgetdressed.