Tipsy Tuesday this week helps you decide how to wear tights or bare legs, with simple tips on how to style each look.
Here are some tips to help you decide what to wear on your legs and your feet when you #justgetdressed - in a dress - this fall and winter:
- Bare legs are totally acceptable and some fashion gurus argue they are even more "on-trend" than tights. A shoe in a color that blends with your skin tone will be the most flattering to your bare leg.
- Take it from Kate Middleton -- when it's cold or you hate to bare your legs, tights are completely acceptable. These are the nude tights she wears because they look bare, but provide coverage and at least a little warmth. Stick to closed- toe pump-type shoes when wearing nude tights:
3. If I'm not going bare-legged in the late fall and winter, I personally opt for black opaque tight like this highly rated pair that's only $8.
4. When wearing black tights with black shoes (I.e. loafers, booties, knee-high boots or pumps) I think it looks best to balance out all the black on your legs and feet with some black in your outfit. For example, in this outfit I swapped out my light denim jacket for a black cardigan when I added the black tights:
5. How about a little compromise? During the fall, I love the look of tall boots with bare legs...giving just enough leg coverage. Then when it gets colder, just add your black tights. Notice how I added a black scarf to tie in the black boots (see #4).
A one-and-done dress is a great piece to have at the ready to help you #justgetdressed with ease. If you have dresses in your closet that you love, don't ignore them! Learn how to dress them up and down to work with your every day style. I'm here to help if you have any questions! Drop me a note at email@example.com.
For answers to all your #justgetdressed questions, including "what to wear" on a daily basis, join the Fall Style System. The Fall Challenge starts up again on 10/29 and I'd love to have you! Use code spice15 to take 15% off registration. Click HERE to sign up or HERE to learn more.
Now, go #justgetdressed.
Serengeti Dress garnet or moss green
Black Flyaway Cardigan
Faux Suede Moto Jacket
Snakeprint Loafers: http://bit.ly/307DzQB
Black Patent Loafers: http://bit.ly/35VwS4j
Taupe Suede Booties: http://bit.ly/2VfnovB
Tall Black Suede Boots (waterproof): http://bit.ly/2VAxZBm
Gunmetal Necklace: https://www.stelladot.com/p/zoe-lariat-necklace?s=bethroy
Denim Jacket: http://bit.ly/2GaYoyo